Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Africa



Tomas Vila sent me this video to share and sing! TKS Tom!






  • Do you like the rock band TOTO?





Now, go to:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHzpIG5_fo8





Lyrics (also in the clip) :





http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/toto/africa_20139798.html





1. Tick the sounds musicians do with their bodies



  • clap hands

  • rock their heads

  • snap fingers

  • stamp the floor

  • hit their chests


2. The songs says " I bless the rains down in Africa". Is rain something to be happy about? Why / why not? (I expect lots of argument!!)



3. The song is about Africa the continent. Now, how much do you know about The Republic of South Africa?



Go to:



http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/country_profiles/1071886.stm




  • How many official languages are there?

  • Who´s the president?

  • I want to listen to some R&B... What radio station can I listen to?

  • Imagine this: I want to call somebody on the phone. What are first two numbers I dial?


Competition!!!!



First two to comment (one from Level 1, one from Level 3) gets a candy the first day after reccess!!!!!!!;)



Help: DO NOT READ EVERYTHING!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awful!yyok!
teachers

Sol said...

no entendi nada!!! snif
Sole

Sandra said...

Beautiful! It´s amazing how these people can do music with their bodies!
They rub their hands, snap fingers, stamp the floor and hit their legs to make the perfect storm!
I really enjoy it too much, because I like Toto. This theme, and others, like Rosanna or Hold the line were some of my favourites when I went to dance in the 80´s.
The song says “I bless the rains down in Africa”. I feel happy when it rains. I remember when I lived in Jujuy. The boiling days in summer (more than 40°C) were terrible. So when in the middle of the night the storm starts and rains a lot, like in Africa, it´s really a bless. The air refresh, almost for a few hours, and you can sleep again.
In these days of drought, I think everybody be grateful for a rainy day!
Some information about South Africa from the BBC news:
In South Africa there are 11 official languages, including English.
The President is Jacob Zuma, chosen by the newly-elected Parliament in May 2009.
If you want to listen to some R&B you can chose the YFM radio station.
If you want to call somebody on the phone you must dial the international code +27
Regards